2014年10月15日 星期三

coffee may protect your liver ;7 Reasons You Should Consider Quitting Coffee Today

As you drink your morning coffee, consider that it may protect your liver.
Researchers found that compared with people who drank no coffee, those who drank three cups a day were about 25 percent less likely to have abnormal liver enzyme levels.
NYTI.MS|由 NICHOLAS BAKALAR 上傳


這是某咖啡癮(一天3~4特大杯) 戒掉後的說法。我想這是咖啡因之戰,喝茶的,類似:Here's why you should consider swearing off coffee for good.
A round-the-clock serial entrepreneur explains why he wrote off coffee for...
TI.ME

I wasn’t happy with myself. Eventually, with the help of the Morrison Health Center, I quit coffee (replaced with green tea) and began eating better and exercising more. I lost 50 pounds and felt better than ever. Most surprising, I could still work long days and late nights (every entrepreneur’s necessity) without coffee.
That’s just my story. Admittedly, most people I know drink coffee—especially entrepreneurs. But before you grab that next cup, consider these seven reasons it might be worth calling it quits:
1) Caffeine stimulates the flow of stress hormones, which can cause increased levels of anxiety, irritability, insomnia and muscular tension.
2) Caffeine can cause depression and attention disorders that make it difficult to focus.
3) Too much caffeine can cause insomnia and fatigue, making you tired throughout the day—and less effective.
4) Caffeine dehydrates the body. The acidity of coffee can cause digestive discomfort, heartburn and indigestion.
5) Caffeine can cause insulin sensitivity, making it more difficult for your body to regulate blood sugar.
6) Caffeine triggers the release of adrenaline, the source of the “fight or flight” response. This is great when a bear is chasing you, but not so great when you’re responding to email.
7) Coffee addiction is expensive. At my worst, I was spending $50 per week on coffee alone. Since I quit, I’m saving $2,500 per year.
I’ve never felt as great as I do now that I’ve conquered my coffee addiction. I still get together with people for “coffee” all the time. I just get green tea or water instead. And I’m still as productive as ever, sometimes late into the night. So today, consider celebrating National Coffee Day by calling it quits.
Now it’s your turn. What is your experience with coffee? Could you live without it? Do you think it makes you more productive at work? Do you feel any of the above side effects?

沒有留言: